Non-Greek Green Key Events

By Caitlyn Karol | 5/16/14 4:30am

With Green Key upon us, campus is abuzz in anticipation of the wild, lively and largely unpredictable days ahead.

Collis Mainstage: Live Music

Thursday May 15, 5-10 p.m.

Stop by Collis Patio to catch the performances of Etna Old Time Association (5 p.m.), Reckless Breakfast (6:15 p.m.), Joe Marson & the Satisfied Mind (7:30 p.m.) and Tallahassee (8:45 p.m.) as they share their music all evening.

Mr. and Mrs. Big Green Competition
Thursday May 15, 7 p.m.

In this spirit competition for charity, students display their best theatrical talent and compete to be crowned “Mr. and Mrs. Big Green.”

Collis Kite Contest
Friday May 16, 12:30-5:30 p.m.

Who doesn’t love building and flying kites? Anyone can come out to Collis Common Ground on Friday to compete for the best kite.

Collis Mainstage: Live Music
Friday May 16, 3-7:30 p.m.

Catch the performances of Brooks Hubbard (3 p.m.), The Guys (4 p.m.), Misterwives (5 p.m.) and Greenroom (6:15 p.m.) on Collis Patio as they share their diverse music/talents for all to hear.

Hop Film: “Bettie Page Reveals All” (2012)
Friday May 16, 7 p.m.

Watch the story of a meager Southern-girl turned famous pin-up model as she recounts her scandalous, seemingly mythical journey through struggle, fame and retirement. This alluring film highlights sexual expression displayed by Bettie Page during the onset of the sexual revolution.

Collis Mainstage: Live Music
Saturday May 17, 1-10 p.m.

Once again, Collis Patio will be a scene for much of Saturday as Friday Night Rock presents Student Musicians (1-5 p.m.), followed by The Doyle Bros (7:30 p.m.) and Biscuits & Gravy (9 p.m.).

DFS Film: “The Grand Illusion” (1937)
Saturday May 17, 4 p.m.

A famous and world-renowned picture, this film features the recovered anti-war masterpiece of Jean Renoir during World War I. Emotional, amusing and fascinating, it is perfect for any history aficionado.

23rdAnnual Alpha Phi Alpha Step Show
Saturday May 17, 6 p.m.

Catch the brothers of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity at the Hop for their Green Key Step Show. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, SHEBA, Street Seoul and Ujima are all performing at this event, which continues to be one of the largest student-run events on Dartmouth’s campus. You don’t want to miss it!

Hop Film: “Le Week-end” (2014)
Saturday May 17, 7 p.m.

In this film, a struggling old couple seeks to relive their youth in a wistful trip to Paris. A dramatic comedy, “Le Week-end” (2014) is sure to be an entertaining pick-me-up.

Handel Society of Dartmouth College
Saturday May 17, 8 p.m.

You don’t want to miss the Handel Society performing Mozart’s Mass in C Minor on Saturday. Featuring Dann Coakwell, David McFerrin, Julia Steinbok, Janinah Burnett and Dartmouth’s 100-voice chorus, this performance is sure to please.

Collis After Dark comedy show
Saturday May 17, 11 p.m.

Catch the Collis After Dark comedy show featuring Tracey Ashley at One Wheelock Saturday night. A preview of her comedy can be seen on NBC’s “Last Comic Standing” as well as Wanda Sykes’s “HERlarious.”

Caitlyn Karol