Appetizing April: A DDS Food Face-Off, Round 3 (The Elite 'Ate')

By Katie McConnell, The Dartmouth Staff | 4/17/14 3:00am

This week definitely saw a weaker voter turnout despite some tight races between. I am going to attribute it to the stomach bug and fever going around, but is everyone too sickly to even contemplate food?! Ah well, the battle must continue. Now comes the time to pick the final four and see which food is the most popular at each dining hall.

Collis:
Stir-fry (55%) > Mozz sticks (45%)
Smoothies (57%) > Pasta (43%)
It is hard for me to let mozz sticks and pasta leave the competition, and I don’t seem to be alone, according to the close races. While I personally am just too impatient to wait in line for smoothies and stir-fry, I guess there is a reason the line is always so long. Stir-fry and smoothies also seem like warmer weather options, so perhaps many of us are yearning for the spring – this 70 degrees to snow in 48 hours fluctuation needs to stop.

FoCo:
Chocolate chip cookies (86%) > Pizza (14%)
General Tso’s Chicken (52%) > Pierogies (48%)
Anything that goes up against chocolate chip cookies never seems to even stand a chance. Will General Tso’s chicken be the first worthy competitor? The dessert section seems to be preferred at FoCo, and eating there allows for the luxury (or danger?) of multiple courses of food.

KAF:
Brie & Apple sandwich (70%) > Cupcakes (30%)
Caesar salad (51%) > Scone (49%)

It looks like the lunch options have beat out the baked goods – somewhat shocking, since KAF is supposed to specialize in the latter. It is definitely interesting to consider how the recently reinstated sandwiches stack up, though.

Hop:
Chicken tender queso (76%) > Mac & cheese (24%)
Breakfast sandwich (64%) > Burger (36%)

Both the chicken tender queso and the breakfast sandwich dominated by substantial margins, so I am curious to see which one will end up representing the Hop. I know what I would pick, but I’ll keep it to myself so I don’t sway the votes!

Katie McConnell, The Dartmouth Staff