All Put Together: Fashion Apps

By Carinna Arvizo, the Dartmouth Staff | 2/6/14 7:00am

Apps are wonderful. I can honestly no longer remember what life was like before my iPhone. It keeps me organized and helps me stay on top of my social life. Considering that Hanover has all of three stores, it can be difficult to keep up with new trends and news. So I’ve downloaded a few fashion apps that help me stay in touch with the fashion world. Here are some that I’ve found to be particularly useful and creative.

Snapette

Snapette helps users discover new products through photos. You can browse through pictures taken by others Snapette users, and every photo tells you where to find the product and how much it costs. It’s also great for following fashion trends in other parts of the world.

Style-Eyes

Style-Eyes is like the song-finding app Shazam, but for clothes. If you see something you want, you snap a picture and the app will find out where you can find it. The best part is that it if it can’t find exactly what you want, it will try to find similar items.

Rent the Runway

Rent the Runway came out with an app that helps you rent pretty much any item of clothing that you can think of. The app also has many useful features. It lets you ask a friend for their opinion on whatever you’re going to rent, and it lets you match items, its most impressive feature. You can take a picture of your favorite nail polish, and the app will find an outfit that matches it.

Stylebook

Clueless lovers rejoice! Cher’s computerized closet system is now a thing. Well, it has been for a while now. This app helps you organize your closet. It keeps track of your favorite outfits and even tells you how often you wear a certain style.

Threadflip

Threadflip is a fashion startup – Think eBay for fashion lovers. You can buy or sell anything on the app, ranging from Forever 21 to Dior. This website is great for thrifters, because you can find vintage pieces without heading to a store.

Carinna Arvizo, the Dartmouth Staff