From the Newsroom

By The Dartmouth Webstaff | 4/19/13 9:00am

Inequality And New York’s Subway — The New Yorker
The U.S. Census Bureau created a series of interactive graphs in order to represent the income inequity problem in New York City. Users can choose any individual subway lines and view the drastic change in earning range along the lines.

-Dennis Ng, Photography Editor

Faltering Courts, Mired in Delays — The New York Times
In the Bronx, there are more people in jail wailing years for their trails than that in the rest of the city combined. In January, 73% of the court cases fail to be brought to trial before its targeted deadline. Despite that, court day is shrinking and basic operations are highly inefficient. Data showed that delays is related to lower prosecution rates. Rates of guilty pleas dropped from 80 percent in three-year-old felony cases to 56 percent in five-year-old felony cases.

-James Peng, Evening Managing Editor

Inforgraphic: Life Inside The Kowloon Walled City — ArchDaily The Kowloon walled city in Hong Kong was once the most densely populated place in the world, with 3,250,000 people per square mile. The site of the walled city was used as a Chinese military outpost and later became a refugee site in WWII. The South China Morning Post has created an infographic demonstrating the daily life and squalid conditions at the walled city during that period of time.

-Winnie Yoe, Dartbeat Editor

The Price of Play — The Harvard Crimson The Harvard Crimson featured a multimedia piece on concussion and its impact on college life. The feature include videos ofathletes speaking about their experience coping with concussion, articles on Ivy League and Harvard's attempt to prevent concussions and profile on Chris Nowinski '00, Harvard Graduate and co-founder ofSports Legacy Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated tobrain trauma research and prevention.

The Long, Strange Trip of Dock Ellis — ESPN Written by Patrick Hruby with illustrations by Joe Ciardiello, ESPN features a nicely done multimedia piece on Dock Ellis, professional baseball player who claimed to have accomplished a no-hitter in 1970 game against San Diego Padres under the influence of LSD. The feature, including articles, videos and infographics, takes readers on a journey recapturing the day of Dock Ellis' no-hitter, events proceeding the game on June 12, 1970 and includes a detail portrayal of Ellis' life.

-Diana Ming, Executive Director

The Dartmouth Webstaff