Popping the Bubble

By Jiyoung Song | 2/15/13 12:00pm

What brings you to Hanover? We had an appointment to see someone in Norwich. We come once a month. My eye doctor is at [Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center].

How are you spending Valentine’s Day? I’ll work in the day, and we’ll have a nice dinner that we’ll enjoy at home.

What are you looking forward to this year? Our son’s wedding. He’s getting married in October.

What brings you to Hanover? I’m in graduate school in Keene. I’m studying environmental studies and science education.

What is your favorite spot in Hanover? Currently it’s Occom Pond because I just discovered ice hockey.

What do you like to do in the winter? Ski and now hockey. I backcountry ski and cook chili.

What are you looking forward to this year? My fiancée and I are getting married in August.

What brings you to Hanover? I live here. I moved here eight years ago. My wife audits classes at Dartmouth. She makes friends with the other students in the class and they come to dinner. We go to hockey games and football games. We’ve gotten to know a lot of the people who go to Dartmouth. It’s wonderful for us because it keeps us young.

What is your favorite spot in Hanover? Home. There are several places I like but each for different purposes.

What is your favorite leisure activity? Reading the newspaper.

What are you looking forward to this year? Every day is a pleasure for me.

Jiyoung Song