Popping the Bubble

By Aditi Kirtikar | 1/18/13 10:30am

Name: Rachel

What brings you to Hanover? I was born in Denver, but I moved here when I was four years old so I’ve been around for quite a while.
What do you like about Hanover? The thing about graduating from Hanover High School is that there is a really strong sense of community. I don’t know many other high schools [where people] hold on to their high school friends even after going to college
What do you do in Hanover? It’s going to be my second year here (at Morano Gelato). I am the manager upstairs and I’m here five days a week.
What is your favorite winter activity? Watching movies! I used to ski when I was younger, but I kind of fell in love with skiing out on the West Coast so now it’s basically staying warm.

Name: Parker

Where are you from?I’m from Lebanon. I go to the University of Connecticut in Storrs, Conn.
What brings you to Hanover?I work for the College’s linguistic department. I come here Monday through Friday in the mornings.
What do you like about Hanover?I don’t like the traffic and I don’t like the other high school students here — just kidding — but I like Main Street and the shops. I mostly come here to eat, watch movies or work. Frats are fun.
What are some of your favorite things to do in Hanover?In the summer, I like to go rope swinging by Sachem Village. In the winter I like cross-country skiing at the Gariepy Fields or the Hanover golf course.

Name: Rigel

What brings you to Hanover:I grew up in Lebanon and am visiting one of my best friends from home that now goes to Dartmouth.
How often do you come to Hanover:I would say five days a week when I’m home. There are a lot of restaurants that are good. A lot of people come here just to hang out. Some people come here for the parties on the weekend to take advantage of that. Sometimes [I go to] the different artsy stuff that is going on at the Hop.
What do you like to do in Hanover:In the summertime I really like running on the trails, in the winter I really like going sledding by Occom Pond. It’s all very compact and is a really nice welcoming place to be, even though parking is terrible.

Aditi Kirtikar