Popping the Bubble

By Alexandra Johnson | 1/10/13 9:00am

Editor’s Note: If you’ve been at Dartmouth for any amount of time, you’ve probably heard the phrase the“Dartmouth bubble.” We may exist in a world where it seems like we’re the only people living in the middle of the wilderness Hanover, but we’re not. This new weekly Dartbeat feature is an attempt to put Dartmouth students more in touch with the faces of Hanover that surround us every day as we eat at Molly’s, wait in line at Dirt Cowboy and shop at Bella.

Name: Jake

What brings you to Hanover? I live in Hartland, VT but I’ve worked at Molly’s since I was 16. I started bussing tables my sophomore year and worked here all through high school. I’m now a senior at UVM and I come back for breaks to work. My dad works at the Co-op, so Hanover has kind of always been in the cards for me.
Favorite winter activity in Hanover? When I’m not working at Molly’s, I love to go to Dartmouth hockey games. I grew up going to the games with my family.

Name: Dot

What brings you to Hanover? I live in Norwich and work at the Hanover CVS. I’ve been working here for 30 years. I grew up in White River Junction and relocated to Norwich about 15 years ago.
Favorite winter activity in Hanover? Hockey games!
What do you love most about Hanover? It’s a very friendly town. I plan to be here for a while!

Name: Curtis

What brings you to Hanover? I work at Ramunto’s so I am in Hanover every day.
What do you love most about Hanover? There are a lot of really nice and great people here.

All photos courtesy of Aditi Kirtikar.

Alexandra Johnson