DDS Detective: 'Italian' scrambled eggs
I may be a French minor, and I may have studied abroad in France, but in the food department, my heart lies with Italians.
Pasta, pizza, gelato, frittata, focaccia — basically, I have met very few Italian dishes that I have not loved. So that’s why I have taken to Italianizing all my favorite dishes. Grilled chicken becomes chicken parm. A sandwich becomes a tomato and mozzarella panini. And so on. So this week’s DDS Detective “Italianizes” one of my favorite breakfasts — scrambled eggs!
- At Collis, order scrambled eggs from the omelet line.
- Ask for three tomato slices to put on top of the eggs.
- From the salad bar, add a few shakes of oregano, basil, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Top the eggs and tomatoes with cheese.
- Microwave it all for about 45-50 seconds.