Editors' Note

thegrind.jpg

After a fun Green Key filled with everything but work, we’re back to the grind as Week 9 sets into full swing and finals slowly creep up. Our break from routine was short-lived, and the conversations about our exciting and wild weekends are quickly turning into complaints about all the studying and catching-up we have to do. At a school where “hustle culture” is seen and felt on a routine basis, it’s easy for us to equate our productivity with our self-worth, and we wonder if there’s even such a thing as a true day off. Sunny afternoons on the Green or Sunday Foco brunches with friends are too often cut short to go back to the library and get work done because, as the saying goes, “the grind don’t stop.” 

In this week’s Mirror, we take a closer look at the differences in how high schools have prepared students for Dartmouth, the work behind the termly Technigala event and all of the emotions that characterize the craziness of senior spring. We gain a newfound appreciation for the hustle and celebrate the people who have what it takes to keep it going, even during the slump of the term. At the end of the day, though, we must remember that there is so much more to life than the number of events we have scheduled on our Google Calendars.