Krumpoch sets school record in NCAA 800

Megan Krumpoch '14 finished fifth in the women's 800-meter race at theNCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships onFriday, setting a new school record with a time of2:03.82.

Krumpoch finished the 800-meter race with a burst of speed, overcoming three athletes in the final 100 meters.

Krumpoch advanced to the finals by placing fourth in her heat, nabbing a time of 2:04.91. With her time of 2:03.82 in the final, she became the seventh female Ivy League athlete to finish an 800-meter race in less than 2:04, according to a press release.

Krumpoch, the first female athlete from Dartmouth to reach the 800-meter final in the outdoor season, placed sixth at the indoor NCAA championships in March.

Also on Friday,Curtis King'16finished the 5,000-meter race in 14:24, whileJohn Bleday'14, competing in his first national championship, finished in 14:36.49. They finished 21st and 24th, respectively.

King placed third in the 5,000-meter race at the Ivy League Outdoor Heptagonal Championship in May, finishing with a time of 14:30.56.

Abbey D'Agostino '14 and Dana Giordano '16 will race in the women's 5,000-meter final this afternoon.

D'Agostino will compete for her eighth national championship title. She won the 5,000-meter race at the indoor NCAA championships in Albuquerque, New Mexico earlier this year. In 2012, when she won the 5,000-meter race at the outdoor NCAA championship in Des Moines, Iowa, with a time of 16:11.34, D'Agostino became Dartmouth's first female track and field athlete to win a national championship.

At the April Mt. Sac Relays, D'Agostino finished third in the 5,000-meter race with a time of 15:30.93 and Giordano came in 14th with a 15:53.96, her collegiate best.

The College is hosting a watch party at Memorial Field that begins at 5:30 p.m.