Danos to step down as Tuck dean in June 2015

Tuck School of Business Dean Paul Danos will step down in June 2015 at the conclusion of his current term. Danos, who has served in his position since 1995, has decided not to seek reappointment for a sixth term, College President Phil Hanlon announced in a campus-wide email Tuesday afternoon.

“In Tuck's 114-year history, few have had a greater impact on the school,” Hanlon said in the email.

Danos, who was appointed to a fifth four-year term in May 2011, is the school’s longest serving dean.

During his tenure, the school’s number of full-time faculty grew from 36 to 51. Tuck introduced research-to-practice seminars, which offer second-year students a chance to meet with faculty in small groups and discuss current projects, launched the Business Bridge Program for undergraduate students and revised the core curriculum to add a personal leadership class.

Under Danos, Tuck also collaborated with The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice to establish the Master of Health Care Delivery Science program, the first of its kind in the nation. The 18-month multidisciplinary master's program, launched in 2011, combines residential and online instruction. In other areas at the school, too, Danos has pushed for expanding online resources and encouraged professors to use technology to supplement their curricula.

Danos envisioned a global future for Tuck and worked to expand the school’s reach throughout his deanship. In 1997, the school offered its first global consultancy course. In 2011, Tuck partnered with business schools around the globe to form a council that examines the intersection between business and society.The school then launched a center for global business and government from its center for international business in July 2012, adding a focus on public policy.

Danos, who received his bachelor’s degree and MBA from the University of New Orleans and earned his Ph.D. at the University of Texas at Austin, currently sits on the corporate board of directors of General Mills.

Before joining Tuck, Danos worked at the University of Michigan.

Hanlon will work with incoming Provost Carolyn Dever to form a search committee and Tuck plans to announce a new dean in early 2015, according to the email.