UJAO drops all 27 SAE hazing charges

The Undergraduate Judicial Affairs Committee has dropped all 27 hazing charges against members of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity, according to former SAE president Brendan Mahoney '12. UJAO had dropped 24 of the 27 charges, which stemmed from hazing allegations made by former SAE member Andrew Lohse '12, as of Wednesday, and the remaining three hazing charges were withdrawn today. Lohse said UJAO also dropped the hazing charges against him.

While the individual charges have been dropped, "organizational charges against SAE remain pending," College Director of Media Relations Justin Anderson said in a statement to The Dartmouth.

The first 24 individual charges were withdrawn after SAE provided "physical evidence that proved specific claims by Lohse false," Mahoney previously told The Dartmouth. The remaining three charges were rescinded for the same reason, he said today.

"In the current case involving alleged hazing by individual members of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity, information initially presented to the UJAO supported the charges," Anderson said. "Information received subsequently, however, indicated that the initial information contained inaccuracies and was not a sufficient basis for the charges to proceed to hearing. Accordingly, all those charges against individuals have been rescinded."