Daily Debriefing

A U-Haul truck driven by a Yale University undergraduate student struck three people killing one and injuring two at the tailgate before the football game against Harvard University on Saturday morning, the Yale Daily News reported. Nancy Barry, a 30-year-old resident of Salem, Mass., was pronounced dead less than 30 minutes after the incident, New Haven Police Department spokesman David Hartman said in an interview with the Daily News. The second victim remains in critical condition at Yale-New Haven Hospital, where the third victim was treated for minor injuries. Officers brought Yale junior Brendan Ross, the driver of the U-Haul, to the New Haven Police Department headquarters for questioning, though he has not been charged with any crimes and is not in custody. Despite the incident, the tailgate and football game proceeded as planned, according to the News.

At least seven Long Island students accused of cheating on college admissions exams are expected to turn themselves in to authorities next week, The New York Times reported. The students, who came from two public and three private schools, are accused of paying others to take the SAT and ACT tests for them. Sam Eshaghoff, a 2010 graduate of Great Neck North High School in Great Neck, N.Y., who was arrested in September, was the first to be formally charged in the scandal, according to The Times. Eshaghoff was accused of taking college entrance exams for six students at his alma mater who paid him up to $2,500 each to take their tests. The six students who paid for his test-taking services were also subsequently arrested, The Times reported.

Students lose an average of 45 minutes of sleep each week due to cell phone use, according to a study by researchers at the University of Rhode Island, The Chronicle of Higher Education reported. Of the 200 students surveyed, the most common reason for answering the phone at night was "not wanting to be left out or feel like they miss something," Sue Adams, a human development and family studies professor at the University of Rhode Island who conducted the study, said in an interview with The Chronicle. Although college students need 9.25 hours of sleep per night, most only obtain seven hours of sleep each evening, according to the study. Students who reported the highest rates of technology use tend to report higher rates of anxiety and depression compared to the rest of students surveyed, The Chronicle reported.