Editor's Note

Dear friends,

As the centennial Winter Carnival approaches, it seems like we have already accumulated enough snow and experienced enough harsh winter weather to make us want to hibernate for the weekend.

But as they say, there is no rest for the weary, and we have been too busy with midterm exams and papers not to unwind and venture outdoors. We encourage you to take advantage of long-standing College traditions this monumental weekend. More importantly, we encourage you to play play like you did some 20 years ago, before you could pronounce "corporate recruiting" and "investment banking." Play like you did before you faced the realities of growing up.

Carnival may be old, but you're not. Take time this weekend to think about why you love dear old Dartmouth, and you will probably see that these reasons are reflected in the celebrations around you. Carnival's storied history represents some of the best qualities of our student body ingenuity, loyalty and comradery. Whether you came here for the cold or in spite of it, seize this opportunity to embrace it like 100 classes of distinguished Dartmouth students have before you.

This weekend, make good choices go outside, embrace your friends and call your mother to tell her about all of the good, clean fun you're having.

And try to remember all of your escapades. We'll want to hear about them on Monday morning.