Campus Blotter

Jul 15 12:25 a.m. West Wheelock StreetSafety and Security received a call from Hanover Police requesting officers to go to Theta Delta Chi fraternity, where Hanover Police officers had reported fireworks being shot from the balcony. When Safety and Security arrived they spoke with fraternity members, all of whom indicated they did not know who was responsible for the fireworks. A few members said they suspected that alumni visiting the fraternity were the perpetrators, but assured Safety and Security officers it would not happen again.

Jul 18 2:47 a.m.South Park StreetWhile patrolling South Park Street, a Safety and Security officer noticed a female lying on the lawn of a residence. She was unresponsive when the officer approached and he proceeded to call for an ambulance. The intoxicated female, who was identified as a member of the Class of 2012, was transported to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. The student was charged with unlawful possession of alcohol and referred to the diversions program.

Jul 18 3:30 a.m.West Wheelock StreetSafety and Security received a call last Sunday from a member of Sigma Delta sorority complaining that she heard someone outside of the house who appeared to be tampering with the window screen. She could not identify the suspect, but said she heard male voices. Safety and Security arrived after the perpetrator had left Sigma Delt, but officers found two damaged screens when they searched the scene. Since no suspects were found, Safety and Security plans to follow up on this investigation.

Jul 22 1:35 a.m.Boathouse RoadWhile patrolling the Ledyard Canoe Club docks last Thursday, a Safety and Security officer found five people swimming in the river. He asked the swimmers to get out, and once safely onshore the swimmers explained to the officer that they were visiting for a math conference and did not know the rules regarding use of the river.

Compiled by Elise Quinones, The Dartmouth Staff, courtesy of Director of Safety and Security Harry Kinne