Editor's Note

06.13.10.Editorsphotos
06.13.10.Editorsphotos

You watched (perhaps for the first time) New England fall fade into winter, winter bloom into spring, spring heat up into summer (08X!) and summer turn into fall. College President James Wright stepped down and Jim Yong Kim took charge, Lone Pine closed and One Wheelock opened, friends came and went, as did classes, majors, professors and dorm rooms some changes more welcome than others. Outside of your classes, Dartmouth has taught you how to face change with confidence and conviction. If Dartmouth teaches us nothing else, the constant flux associated with the D Plan prepares us for the numerous changes we will face after we leave this place. If change is the only constant, Dartmouth kids are sure to rock it in the real world.

For us, the idea of leaving this wonderful College on the Hill seems so far in the future, yet at the same time frighteningly close. We push the thought of leaving here to the back of our minds. Yet we know that after four years, you are all ready for this change. Sure, it may seem weird to live in a city with more people than trees, or to go on a date that doesn't involve pong. You will always have memories of Camp Dartmouth, and while you may come back to visit, there are bigger and better things ahead. This change is sure to be a good one.

You're getting off at this stop, Class of 2010, and we know we'll be right behind you. Enjoy the ride.