Thompson to take Associate Dean position

Acting Dean of the College Sylvia Spears announced Thursday that Director of Undergraduate Judicial Affairs April Thompson will be named associate Dean of the College for Campus Life, Spears said in a statement on Thursday.

Thompson's appointment is part of a wide-ranging restructuring of the Dean of the College Office initiated by Spears in February. Thompson's associate dean position is one of three new positions -- along with an associate dean of Student Support Services and a director of administration -- that will be created under the changes.

In her new position, Thompson will oversee the management of Judicial Affairs, the Collis Center for Student Involvement, Student Activities, the Greek system, residential operations, Dartmouth Dining Services and the Office of Outdoor Programs, among other divisions, according to the statement. Thompson will take the position May 1.

Thompson will be immediately tasked with finding a replacement director of Greek life and implementing proposed changes to the structure of student advising, according to the release.

Spears was not immediately available for comment.

This is a breaking news web update. This article will be updated as more information becomes available.