Mandel '78 to replace Haldeman '70 as Board Chairman

Correction Appended

Stephen Mandel '78 has been named the new chairman of the College Board of Trustees and will succeed current Chairman Ed Haldeman '70 in June, according to a College press release.

Mandel was elected chairman at the Board's meeting this weekend, according to the release. He will take office on June 13 following Commencement ceremonies, once Haldeman's three-year term ends.

Mandel served previously as the chair of the Board's Investment Committee. He will be replaced by Trustee William Helman '80, according to the release.

Mandel is the founder of Lone Pine Capital, an investment and financial management firm. He was elected to the Board as a charter trustee in 2007.

Haldeman was named CEO of Freddie Mac in 2009 and previously served as chairman of the board of directors of Putnam Investment Management. Current vice chair of the Board John Donahoe '82 had been slated to serve as interim Board chair in the event that Haldeman stepped down before the end of his term, The Dartmouth reported previously.

This is a breaking news web update. This article will be updated as more information becomes available.

**The original version of this article incorrectly stated the given name of John Donahoe '82 as William.*