The DDS Detective

In these penny-pinching times, the DDS Detective is always on the lookout for delicious yet cost-effective meals and this week, she hit the jackpot. Think recession meets fiesta and you get what is sure to be an instant crowd-pleaser: 85-cent quesadillas. While they may not be exactly like your abuela used to make, they will surely delight that South-of-the-border taste bud that Dartmouth has never truly been able to please. (Gusanoz doesn't count.)1. Go to the Home Plate sandwich line and ask for a tortilla with 2-3 slices of cheese on one half 2. Have the tortilla folded in half and pressed in the Panini press 3. Finally, use that mysterious taco-bar-with-no-tacos past the register and top your quesadilla with salsa or sour cream

The price of this delicious meal will literally turn heads most notably that of the inevitable person in line with you who is about to fork out $3.50 for an avocado. If you're feeling a little hungrier, you can also ask for chicken or veggies in your quesadilla, and if you're really craving guacamole, ask for a side of avocado spread and mix it in with some salsa (never opt for an actual avocado). Of course, these will incur additional costs on your quesadillas, but it will probably still be a lot cheaper than your usual sandwich or dinner at Home Plate.

So stop paying seven dollars for a stomach-virus-inducing burrito at the Hop (that you could probably find on the Taco Bell value menu) and get the good Mexican food you've been craving at least until your abuela sends more empanadas your way.