Editor's Note

The New Year is always a good time to look back and reflect on your life. And because we've all just returned to campus this week, either from a term abroad or just the long holiday break, it's an excellent opportunity to look at our school with open eyes. To me, Hanover looks essentially the same, but it's always snowier than I think possible and I forget that it's dark just about all the time.

But how does life at Dartmouth compare with the college years you dreamt about in high school? Were you valedictorian in high school and assumed that you'd always get straight As? Never imagined yourself rushing until you walked into that house? Or could you not understand how much a person could possibly love a North Face until your first New Hampshire Winter?

This issue we asked a writer from each class year to reflect on how their life here after one term, one year, two years or three differs from what they thought it would be like.

We're not going to tell you our resolutions here at The Mirror we have clearly nothing to change except for a small problem of self-denial.

And for those of you who have difficulty remembering last week, let alone high school, Jen Argote's got your back (or The Mirror's back, at least) with a recap of what went down in 2009 and a few predictions for 2010.

I can tell you a few things about this year too; Miss Muffin Top, The Gospel According to Matthew and yes, overheards are here too. All you have to do is keep sending them in to The D, I know that this year you didn't stop saying stupid things.