Daily Debriefing

College Democrats at Dartmouth and other colleges and universities nationwide held events to observe "Health Care Action Day" on Wednesday, according to College Democrats of New Hampshire communications director Ryan Tincher '12. The event, which originated at Dartmouth, was designed to prompt discussion about the current health care debate, Tincher said. Dartmouth College Democrats showed Michael Moore's "SiCKO" and held a discussion about the film. The College Democrats also organized a "cookies for calls" event, at which students called the office of Sen. Judd Gregg, R-N.H., to ask that he vote for the health care legislation proposed by President Barack Obama.

The University of Maryland, College Park, may become the first university in the nation to implement a policy on student showings of pornographic movies after the screening of "Pirates II: Stagnetti's Revenge" an XXX-rated film earlier this year, according to The Baltimore Sun. The university's Board of Regents is expected to vote on a final version of the policy by Dec. 1. P.J. Hogan, the university system's vice chancellor for government relations and a former state senator, said that pornographic films would only be banned from airing in school facilities if they have no academic purpose, The Sun reported. The policy would not bar students from renting and viewing pornographic films in private settings.