Police Blotter

Thursday, July 2, 4:38 p.m.Choate Road

A male high school student attending a debate camp held at the College was arrested and charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct following an event that took place on Saturday, June 27. Hanover Police received a complaint from a 16-year-old student at the camp that the suspect had sexually harassed her and a friend. At one point, the male, a 17-year-old from the Bronx, N.Y., reportedly grabbed the female's arm in an effort to prevent her from leaving his presence. The male also used strong language, which Hanover Police described as being disorderly. The student in question has a court date of August 10. Hanover Police do not know whether the suspect was subsequently dismissed from the debate camp.

Saturday, July 4, 12:41 a.m.Lebanon Street

Two skateboarders cut off a Hanover Police cruiser while riding down a hill on Lebanon Street. Upon realizing this, one of the subjects fled. He was not identified. The other remained at the scene, where the officer driving the cruiser verbally warned him that riding in the middle of the road at 12:40 a.m. was not acceptable behavior.

Saturday, July 4, 11:05 a.m.East Wheelock Street

Hanover Police responded to a resident's complaint regarding two Rottweilers that were not wearing leashes. Although the dogs were accompanied by their owner, the resident expressed concern that they might present a threat to local children. It is unclear whether the resident voiced her concerns to the dogs' owner before calling Hanover Police. The complaint was investigated, and no further action was taken.

Saturday, July 4, 2:29 p.m.River Parking Lot

Hanover Police responded to a report of a stolen kayak. The kayak, a blue Pyranha Everest model, had been left unsecured in the parking lot in front of Tom Dent Cabin. The kayak was not Dartmouth property, but reportedly belonged to an instructor who came to Hanover to teach a class for the College. It has not yet been recovered.

Sunday, July 5, 12:17 a.m.East Wheelock Street

Dartmouth Safety and Security requested assistance from Hanover Police after officers encountered a visibly intoxicated male in the Bartlett Tower area. The subject, a 20-year-old student from St. Lawrence University, had reportedly been found hugging a tree. The student, who was alone at the time, admitted to having consumed alcohol in a friend's residence hall room. The student was arrested and assigned a July 27 summons before being released to the custody of his mother.

Courtesy of Hanover Police Chief Nicholas Giaccone