Police Blotter

April 22, 11:09 a.m.

College Street

Members of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity complained to Hanover Police last Wednesday about a dog from West Wheelock Street that had entered their yard. The members said they were not sure if the dog, who was identified from its tag as "Boomer," was playing with or attacking their own dogs. Hanover Police investigated the claim, but could not find the dog at the scene. The police will take no further action.

April 22, 9:42 p.m.

Maynard Street

A Hanover Police officer on patrol observed a group of five males walking near the Hanover Inn with open beer cans. When the officer approached the group, one individual escaped by running towards the Collis Center while the others threw their drinks on the ground. The remaining four males were identified as members of the Class of 2012, and were arrested for unlawful possession of alcohol. The students are due to appear in court on May 18.

April 23, 3:17 p.m.

College Street

A woman walking her small dog on College Street called Hanover Police last Thursday to complain that a large black dog had run towards her, scaring both her and her dog. The woman said that the large black dog's owner was present, but did not restrain its dog. Hanover Police were unable to find the black dog, and are taking no further action.

April 24, 11:12 p.m.

School Street

Hanover Police received a complaint from a Hanover resident last Friday, who said that her neighbor was using power equipment to cut down a tree. As it was nearly midnight, Hanover Police issued a warning to the neighbor, saying that it was too late to be running the equipment.

April 25, 2:08 a.m.

A Hanover Police officer on patrol last Saturday noticed a female on Webster Avenue holding a red cup and walking with a male student. When the officer approached the female student, she threw the cup to the ground. After retrieving the cup, the officer found traces of an alcoholic beverage. The female student, a member of the Class of 2012, was arrested for unlawful possession and has a court date of June 1. The male student accompanying her seemed to be highly intoxicated. As the student was 21 years of age, the officer called Safety and Security. A Safety and Security officer later called Hanover Police back to the scene, where the student, who had refused to go with the Safety and Security, was being held on the ground by two officers. Hanover Police took the student into protective custody and then to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center because of his high BAC. Hospital employees had to physically restrain the student due to his belligerent behavior. Hanover Police is now applying for a warrant to charge the student with simple assault.

April 27, 1:26 p.m.

A 27-year-old female Hanover resident called Hanover Police last Monday because someone had hacked into her Facebook, AOL Instant Messenger and GMail accounts. The perpetrator assumed the Hanover resident's identity and proceeded to ask many of her contacts for large amounts of money to help with financial problems. As the perpetrator requested that the money be sent to Nigeria, Hanover Police believes that this is a Nigerian scam. The case is still under investigation.