Police Blotter

November 20, 2:08 p.m.

Tuck Mall

A Dartmouth student called Hanover Police complaining that a club bouncer stole his driver's license while he was visiting Montreal. After losing his driver's license, the student claimed he was now receiving numerous calls from a pornography web site demanding payments for $1,500 that he allegedly owed to the site. Because no specific crime was committed in or near Hanover, the officer was able to advise the student of his options but Hanover Police will not begin an investigation.

November 22, 2:22 a.m.

Maynard Street

Dartmouth Safety and Security called Hanover Police regarding an intoxicated Dartmouth freshman last Saturday. The officer found the 19-year-old male in the first-floor restroom of Byrne Hall sitting on a toilet with no shirt and his boxers around his ankles. There was vomit on the toilet seat and the student's clothes were piled on the floor next to him. When the ambulance arrived, officers dressed him and he managed to walk to the ambulance with their assistance. At this point, however, he refused transport in the ambulance and officers concluded that he was coherent enough to be taken to Dick's House. The student has a court date set for Dec. 15.

November 22, 11:53 p.m.

Intersection of West Wheelock Street and West Street

Dartmouth Safety and Security requested an ambulance for an intoxicated student. Officers found the Dartmouth sophomore in a residence on West St., incoherent and lying in his own vomit, according to Hanover Police. The student could not get up without assistance. Because the issue occurred off campus, there was confusion as to why Safety and Security called Dartmouth Emergency Medical Services five minutes before requesting ambulance assistance.

November 25, 12:23 a.m.

East Wheelock Street

A driver for the Dartmouth Coach called Hanover Police on Tuesday to report that his bus had been hit by snowballs. The arsenal came from students participating in a snowball fight on the Green after the first snowfall of the year, according to Hanover Police. After receiving the call, police arrived at the Green to ensure that snowballs were not aimed at passing vehicles.

November 26, 4:20 p.m.

Lyme Road

Hanover Police arrested a 21-year-old male on a warrant from an incident that took place on July 10, when the subject was 20 years old. At that time, Hanover Police responded to a call from Safety and Security regarding two males located on Hanover Country Club property after midnight. When officers arrived, the subject acted very nervous and appeared to hide something in his vehicle. Police also noticed what looked like a cooler in the back of the subject's vehicle. Officers contacted Lebanon Police, who brought a canine to sniff the car for illegal drugs. Police found beer and marijuana in the car. The arrest was delayed because the subject is a resident of Rhode Island.

November 29, 4:04 a.m.

North Main Street

Safety and Security called Hanover Police to report a crying female walking on the sidewalk near Collis Center. When officers arrived, she told them she needed a ride to her home in Topsham, Vt., almost 40 miles from Hanover. Police found she had been drinking but was over 21 years of age and was not intoxicated. Officers called a taxi for the female, but when the cab began driving, she realized she didn't have enough money to pay for the ride home. The driver of the taxi reported to police that he last saw her hitchhiking near Interstate 91 in Norwich, Vt.

December 1, 9:20 a.m.

Lyme Road

Hanover Police arrested an 18-year-old male on charges related to a case reported in October. A CVS employee called police to complain that two unknown subjects entered the store and pointed a BB gun at a fellow employee. The store's camera system recorded the individuals and detectives found someone working in Hanover who was able to identify the subject. Police are charging the subject with disorderly conduct, as the CVS employee did not claim that the subject was attempting to rob the store.

-- Compiled by Staff Writer Andrew Wells, courtesy of Hanover Police Chief Nicholas Giaccone