Daily Debriefing

A University of Pennsylvania student, Diexia Wang '08, was arrested for allegedly stalking six female students and stealing their undergarments and purses, CBS 3, a Philadelphia CBS affiliate, reported Tuesday. Wang allegedly broke into the room of a female student with a stolen dorm key, hoping to plunder her underwear drawer, but was apprehended in the act by the student's roommate. Wang has been charged with criminal trespassing, harassment, stalking and theft. He was released from custody on $200,000 bail.

Frederick Waddell '75 is the new chief executive officer of Northern Trust, Financial Week reported Tuesday. Northern Trust, based in Chicago, is a premier financial holding company that provides money-management and financial services to many of the nation's wealthiest people. Waddell's goal in taking on his new position as the ninth CEO in Northern Trust's 118-year history is to maintain an even-keel and prevent a takeover by another corporation, he said. Prior to his promotion, Waddell ran Northern Trust's institutional unit, and helped transform it into the company's growth engine.

The first intercollegiate Quidditch tournament took place last month in Middlebury, Vt., USA Today reported Tuesday. Middlebury College's "Mollywobbles" thoroughly beat Vassar College, who failed to score, to win the championship. Students at Middlebury devised rules for the game by extrapolating them from Harry Potter books. Despite being unable to fly, students still played with brooms between their knees and, in lieu of an actual golden snitch, a very fast student dressed up in golden clothing and ran around the field. Quidditch has proven to be a great success at Middlebury and teams from Colgate, Amherst, and Williams may soon join them in matches.