Daily Debriefing

The Tuck School of Business was ranked the top business school in the country by The Wall Street Journal/Harris Interactive Business School survey, released Monday. Tuck earned its fourth first-place finish in the seven years that the ranking has been published, returning to the number one spot after slipping to second place last year. The rankings are based on a survey of 4,430 corporate recruiters who compared business schools on 21 different attributes. The University of California at Berkeley's Haas School and Columbia Business School rounded out the top three MBA programs.

Dartmouth's endowment has reached $3.76 billion, reflecting a 23.7 percent increase for the 2007 fiscal year, the College recently reported. The change in net growth reflects gains from investments and gifts and decreases from College expenditures. The investments, which constitute 97 percent of the total endowment, yielded a 24.3 percent return this year. Over the past two years, the endowment has grown $1.06 billion, marking the highest two-year growth period the College has seen. The endowment accounts for 20 to 30 percent of the College's annual operational budget.

Director of Harvard's Institute of Politics Jeanne Shaheen resigned from her post Friday, preparing to run for the U.S. Senate as a New Hampshire representative. Shaheen, a Democrat and former governor of New Hampshire, will run against incumbent Republican John E. Sununu, who narrowly defeated Shaheen in the 2002 election. Shaheen contests Sununu's position on the war in Iraq; the current senator supports the war and opposes creating a timetable for removing troops. Recent polls show that Shaheen now leads Sununu by over 20 percentage points. The Boston Globe attributed Shaheen's lead to the unpopularity of the war. "We've proven in New Hampshire that we can work together to get things done," Shaheen told The Globe. "I want to take that common-sense approach to Washington and help get this country moving in the right direction."