Police Blotter

May 22, 2:18 p.m., South Park Street

Two male subjects, described as in their late teens or early twenties, acquired $35 worth of gas from the Coop Mobile station and drove away without paying. A station employee called Hanover Police with the vehicle's license plate number. The car, a Nissan Xterra, turned out to be registered to a female resident of St. Johnsberry, Vt., who, after speaking with the town's police department, sent a money order of $35 to the Coop Mobile station to remedy the situation.

May 22, 10:44 p.m., Lyme Road

An police officer clocked two vehicles going 52 miles per hour in a 35 mile-per-hour zone. One of the vehicles' drivers, who is a male resident of Louisville, Ky., had an electronic bench warrant for failure to pay a fine on a previous ticket. He was taken down to the station, booked and released on bail.

May 23, 3:01 p.m.

A 30-year-old male resident of Lebanon, N.H., was charged with indecent exposure and lewdness for exposing himself to his friends' daughter, who is younger than 16. The incident occurred at the girl's Hanover residence. The crime is an A-level misdemeanor and carries a potential jail sentence of up to one year and a maximum fine of $2,000.

May 24, 4:39 a.m., Webster Avenue

Members of Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity called Safety and Security after observing three male subjects throw a fire extinguisher through the fraternity house's closed first floor window, shattering the glass in the process. Safety and Security arrived at the scene, observed the damages and received the perpetrators' descriptions from witnesses. Soon after, the officers discovered two individuals matching their descriptions in Novack Cafe, brought them to Sig Ep and called the police. Police officers noted that one of the students was under the influence of alcohol and arrested him for unlawful possession and intoxication. Detectives are still investigating the case, but have three suspects, two of whom are male Dartmouth freshmen, and the third a 21-year-old non-student.

May 24, 11:45 a.m., Lyme Road

A 20-something female driver called police after she was passed across a double yellow line by a silver 2005 Volkswagen. Police stopped a vehicle matching that description in Lebanon, N.H. The vehicle make, license plate number, driver description and time frame were all consistent with the report, leading police to arrest the car's 45-year-old female driver on charges of crossing a double yellow line.

May 25, 1:36 p.m., South Main Street

A 23-year-old male Hanover resident was arrested on a bench warrant for bail-jumping -- intentionally failing to appear when required to do so after being released on bail -- in a district court in Lebanon, N.H. The cause behind the bail-jumping was the man's failure to pay a $353 fee to a public defender who had represented the multiple offender in an even earlier case. The deadbeat has been arrested in Hanover for possession of drugs and stolen property in June of 2006, and his criminal history also includes charges from Lebanon and Enfield townships.

May 28, 12:32 a.m., Lebanon Street and Crosby Street

Hanover Police arrested 16-year-old with a youth operator's license for going the wrong way around a rotary.

May 28, 11:53 p.m., Lot 1

A Hanover police officer, who happened to be in Stinson's Village Store, observed a male subject attempt to buy seven cases of beer after the time when it is permissible to buy alcohol. When the officer left the store, he discovered that the only vehicle in the alley was being operated by the male subject. Having already made observations that the man, a member of the Dartmouth Class of 2007, was intoxicated, the officer subjected him to a breathalyzer test, which revealed a blood alcohol concentration of .20. A BAC of over .16 elevates a charge from driving while intoxicated -- a class B misdemeanor -- to aggravated driving while intoxicated -- a class A misdemeanor -- for which the Dartmouth senior was arrested.