Police Blotter

April 10, 2:24 p.m., Low Road

A local resident reported to Hanover Police that her credit card information had been used fraudulently on the internet. She said that $7,000 worth of charges had been made over a two-day span. The incident was passed on to the FBI's fraud unit.

April 11, 10:44 a.m., Lyme Road

A Texas resident called Hanover Police regarding a recent eBay purchase. The 47-year-old male bought a motherboard for a Dell computer from a Hanover resident using the auction website but upon opening the package he discovered that nothing was inside. The case is still under investigation but police expect an arrest will be made.

April 11, 12:16 p.m., East Wheelock Street

An 18-year-old female Dartmouth student was riding her bike near New Hampshire residence hall when a female driver opened her roadside door, causing a collision. The student fell to the ground, suffering minor injuries, and called Safety and Security for a ride to Dick's House. Police are currently unsure whether or not charges will be brought against the driver, who did not hit and run.

April 11, 6:47 p.m., South Main Street

A server from Molly's Restaurant and Bar contacted Hanover Police after a Dartmouth student presented her with what she perceived to be false identification. The 20-year-old male showed what he claimed to be a New York driver's license when trying to buy a $4.50 Guinness beer. After receiving the student's name from the server, police went to the student's dormitory room and confiscated the ID. The investigating officer is currently applying for a warrant which will lead him to arrest the individual. The case will likely result in a minimum fine of $500.

April 12, 5:03 p.m., Tuck Mall

A female member of the Class of 2008 recently received e-mail messages that were of a stalking and threatening nature from a 19-year-old male student from Miami, Fla. The messages were sent and received via America Online. The recipient believes that the male suspect may have attended high school with her, but there is no known personal connection. Hanover Police are currently investigating the situation.

April 12, 11:03 p.m., Partridge Road

A local resident called Hanover Police after returning home to find a car with a temporary license plate parked on her property.

April 13, 1:40 p.m., Lyme Road

Hanover Terrace Health Care reported to Hanover Police that between $450 and $500 had been stolen from an employee, who is a resident of Woodsville, N.H. The detectives and officers on duty have interviewed a total of 19 people and are still investigating the case.

April 14, 3:40 p.m., Webster Avenue

A member of Kappa Delta Epsilon sorority reported an incident that occurred early Saturday morning, when, between approximately 3:45 and 4:00 a.m,, the senior was sleeping in a downstairs bedroom and somebody attempted to break into the house from a porch-side window. The male individual reached into the window and inadvertently touched the female student, causing her to scream and thrash her arms. The intruder slid out the window and ran away from the premises.

April 17, 8:20 a.m., Low Road

The mother of a 15-year-old girl called Hanover Police to report that her daughter might have been presented information about gang-related activity. In reality, the girl had received an e-mail advising against flashing one's headlights at an oncoming car without its headlights on because if the car belongs to a new gang member, he or she would be required to turn around and kill the individual who flashed his or her lights. Hanover Police concluded that this was unrelated to gang activity, but rather urban legend.