Police Blotter

April 18, 10:42 a.m., South Park Street

A Hanover High School student attempted to steal one bottle of Glaceau vitamin water and one package of sugar cookies from the Hanover Co-op. A store employee spotted the 15-year-old male outside of the store after he had smuggled the items by hiding them under his sweatshirt. The teenager was brought down to the station, arrested and released to his parents.

April 20, 6:33 p.m., South Park Street

A Dartmouth student presented a fake New York driver's license to buy two 12-packs and one six-pack of beer at the Hanover Co-op. The clerk questioned the 20-year-old male about the identification, prompting him to leave the ID at the cashier's desk and exit the store. Police searched the name on the ID in the Dartmouth name directory and determined the individual to be a member of the Class of 2009. Upon further investigation, the student confessed and is expected to go to court for misrepresentation of age.

April 21, 4:14 p.m., Choate Road

Hanover Police encountered a highly intoxicated 19-year-old female in Brown Hall. The Dartmouth freshman had been vomiting in her room and continued to spit, vomit and yell while being loaded by stretcher into an ambulance, which brought her to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. The individual will either take a diversion class or go to court.

April 22, 8:28 a.m., Trescott Road

A local resident complained to Hanover Police that her neighbor's dog, a golden retriever, had wandered onto her property numerous times, in the last instance sitting right in front of her car. Police informed the dog's owner that she must be responsible for the canine or she would be issued a summons.

April 24, 9:12 a.m., Lyme Road

Hanover Police arrested a male Dartmouth freshman on charges of theft by deception for allegedly accepting money for what he advertised to be a Dell motherboard on eBay but ended up being an empty package. Since the victim was defrauded for an amount less than $500, the crime is classified as a misdemeanor, carrying a maximum fine of $2,000 and a maximum sentence of up to one year in a prison.