Police Blotter

Feb. 8, 8:28 a.m., Greensboro Road

A Hanover homeowner called in a criminal threat complaint after a male subject, described as a tall, thin young adult wearing navy blue clothing, yelled at her barking dogs. The situation escalated as the subject turned his attention from the dogs to the female homeowner, eventually threatening her life. While a bystander claimed that the resident's dogs bite him all the time, the woman claimed she had never seen that person walk by before.

Feb. 9, 5:05 p.m., South Street

A female opera singer from New York City called Hanover Police after receiving several harassing communications via phone and e-mail transmitted from the Howe Library on South Street by a Hanover transient. The vagrant has been spotted around the greater Hanover area over the last few years and has been served a trespass notice from Dartmouth, which forbade him from entering College property. Before this incident, the male subject had reportedly been spotted in the opera singer's lobby.

Feb. 10, 12:04 a.m., Rope Ferry Road

An uncooperative, intoxicated female subject attempted to leave Dick's House four times unsuccessfully. The nurses became frustrated with her lack of cooperation and contacted Hanover Police, who arrested the 20-year-old Dartmouth student and measured her blood alcohol content at 0.187. Because Hanover Police were unable to find a party willing to take care of the female subject, she was placed in a jail cell for the night and checked on the half hour. In total, the Dartmouth student spent seven hours at the station.

Feb. 10, 12:57 a.m., East Wheelock Street

Hanover Police responded to assist an ambulance at New Hampshire Hall, where a semi-conscious, intoxicated female subject was found on the second floor of the building. Two female friends were attempting to support her while holding a plastic bag while she vomited. Because she was having difficulty standing up, she was taken out in a stair chair by the ambulance crew so she could sit up on the way to the ambulance and later to Dartmouth-Hitchock Medical Center.

Feb. 10, 1:17 a.m., Tuck Mall

A concerned student placed a 9-1-1 emergency call hoping to get an information line after finding a highly intoxicated Dartmouth freshman in Judge Hall. The former student was surprised when an ambulance and the police arrived summarily on the scene to find the Dartmouth freshman vomiting in a trash barrel. She was transported to DHMC and has an upcoming court date.

Feb 10, 1:17 a.m., Choate Road

Safety and Security contacted Hanover Police after finding an intoxicated, unresponsive male subject in the basement of Cohen Hall. The 18-year-old was a Boston University freshman visiting for the weekend. An ambulance quickly transported him to DHMC, where he was released four hours later at 5:12 a.m. Shortly after, a police officer observed the man walking down Medical Center Drive hoping to walk back to Hanover and catch the 5:30 a.m. bus. The police officer drove the student in the cruiser to the bus stop and he returned to Boston on the 5:30 a.m. bus. Before leaving the cruiser, he apologized for causing trouble, restated his contention that he only had 4 beers and 3 shots of liquor the night before.