Police Blotter

Jan. 24, 2 p.m., East Wheelock Street

Hanover Police charged a 16-year-old Hanover High School student with negligent driving when he crashed into another car on East Wheelock hill.

Jan. 25, 11:13 a.m.

A 40-year-old Massachussetts man filed an internet fraud complaint after purchasing a jacket from an eBay listing created by a 21-year-old Dartmouth student. The resident claimed the jacket was of inferior quality and did not live up to its description. An FBI clearinghouse determined this matter fell under the jurisdiction of the Hanover Police, which is currently investigating the matter.

Jan. 26, 2:45 a.m., East Wheelock Street

A Hanover Police officer in front of the Topliff tennis courts noticed a car speed by him on the wrong side of the road. He estimated the car's speed to be 55 mph. The police officer immediately took off in pursuit of the individual, who slowed down to 20 miles per hour near A-lot, before finally halting in the middle of the road. The driver was then identified as a Tuck School of Business student. The student's blood alcohol level was determined to be .16. Hanover Police arrested the man and charged him with driving while intoxicated.

Jan. 26, 10:41 p.m., East Wheelock Street

Safety and Security officers requested medical and police assistance with an 18-year-old intoxicated male in the back of the Hopkins Center. Authorities on the scene determined the subject was drunk because he exhibited slurred speech. The Safety and Security officer noticed the student was difficult to understand and required assistance to stay upright. The officer decided to accompany the handcuffed subject in the ambulance after he displayed mood swings and violent outbursts.

Jan. 28, 1:15 a.m., West Wheelock Street

A Dartmouth student approached a police cruiser on West Wheelock Street, just south of Theta Delta Chi fraternity, and began banging on the officer's window. The officer was writing parking tickets when he saw the student, and rolled down his window. The Dartmouth senior then asked what the police officer was doing outside the fraternity. The 22 year-old began accusing the Hanover Police officer of harassing him and members of Theta Delt, which he said he belonged to, and proceeded to go describe the extent to which Dartmouth students hate the Hanover Police. The officers moved to take the subject into protective custody, and when he was identified, the police learned that the student was not in fact a member of Theta Delt, but of another fraternity on campus. Despite the student's threats to sue the Hanover Police and have their officer fired immediately, no staffing changes have been reported at the station. The student was released later that day to his father.