Police Blotter

Oct. 11, 6:37 p.m.

Hanover Police was contacted on Oct. 6 after a female Dartmouth sophomore allegedly stole two credit cards and cash from a handbag in Collis Center. Shortly thereafter, the suspect made several charges on the stolen credit cards. A total of $593 was charged at Nefertiti's Nails, Hanover Haircuts, CVS Pharmacy and Zimmermann's NorthFace. Based on surveillance photographs, Hanover Police identified and arrested the suspect. She has a court date on Nov. 14.

Oct. 12, 10:43 p.m.

Safety and Security began searching for an intoxicated male after he fled from Dick's House. A representative of Dick's House had told Safety and Security that if they were to catch the student, they did not want him back at Dick's House. Later Safety and Security found the Dartmouth freshman in his dormitory room. The officers requested assistance from the Hanover Police, who transferred the student to the station. When asked why he had run away from Dick's House, the student said that he did not want to get kicked out of Dartmouth. It was the second time he had been transported to Dick's House.

Oct. 13, 8:57 p.m.

A Safety and Security Officer spotted a Dartmouth student near the inner circle at the bonfire. The student alleged that he had been pushed into the inner circle. A Hanover Police officer smelled alcohol on the Dartmouth junior's breath. When asked his age, the student claimed he was 21 and produced his wallet and his Maryland driver's license. The license revealed that the student was a 20-year old minor. While being escorted to the police car, the student tried to bite the officer in the bicep and pull the patch off the officers jacket with his teeth. The male subject was charged with unlawful possession of alcohol and resisting arrest.

Oct. 13, 9:03 p.m.

Hanover Police officers spotted two rowdy males in the area of the bonfire. They appeared to be joking, but the subjects became more aggressive when one grabbed the other's shirt and cocked his hand back as if he were going to strike him. Hanover Police then grabbed the more aggressive of the two subjects and determined that he had been consuming alcohol.

Once inside the trailer at the booking area, an officer removed the handcuffs from the Dartmouth junior. The subject became argumentative soon afterwards. A struggle ensued when the police officer present attempted to handcuff him again. With one hand cuffed, the Dartmouth student used his free hand to grab a telephone and began swinging it around, almost striking one of the officers. After some effort, the situation was brought under control.

Oct. 13, 9:49 p.m.

An ambulance was called for a highly intoxicated individual at Alpha Chi Alpha fraternity. When the officer arrived on the scene, he observed the male subject, a Dartmouth sophomore, vomiting in a trash bin. The student had limited motor skills and needed to be transported by stretcher. He was issued a summons to appear at the Lebanon District Court.

Oct. 14, 1:43 a.m.

Hanover Police was called when a Dartmouth sophomore was found passed out in a bathroom on the first floor of Butterfield Hall. The subject was described as incapacitated and "beyond intoxication." He was taken in an ambulance and charged with unlawful possession and intoxication.

Oct. 14, 1:01 p.m.

A Dartmouth sophomore was denied access to the homecoming football game upon failure to produce appropriate identification. Shortly thereafter the student acquired someone else's Dartmouth Identification card, walked to the back of the line and entered the stadium. The police officer stopped the subject and determined that he had been drinking. The Dartmouth sophomore, a minor, was brought to the Hanover Police Department where his blood alcohol content was measured to be .22. The student has a court date Nov. 21.

Oct. 14, 2:02 p.m.

Seven freshmen rushed Memorial Field during halftime of the football game. Hanover Police arrested six students, who were later charged with criminal trespassing. Hanover Police is investigating the identity of the seventh trespasser.

Oct. 15, 2:43 a.m.

Safety and Security requested assistance from Hanover Police in responding to a report concerning a fight at Cutter Shabazz. The officer arrived at the back of the building where there was group of men standing around and an argument underway. Initially, the officer could not identify any injured parties, but subsequently spotted a male with blood on his face and a torn shirt. The subject claimed that he had fallen down the stairs and his friend grabbed his shirt to stop him from falling. The police were skeptical of the explanation but took no further action.