Police Blotter

July 11, South Main Street, 10:04 p.m.

Employees at CVS Pharmacy called Hanover Police when a 31-year-old man who had previously been banned from the store refused to leave the premises. In a prior incident during which the police were not called, the man had been accused of moving clearance item tags onto items that were not a part of a clearance sale. Though initially argumentative, the man eventually left the store.

July 12, Reservoir Road, 2:30 a.m.

Officers observed two high school-aged residents of Claremont, N.H. playing on the jungle gym of a local elementary school. The two did not appear to be under the influence of any illegal substances. Police asked them to leave.

July 14, West Street and West Wheelock Street, 2:42 p.m.

Hanover Police Chief Nicholas Giaccone observed a male leave Stinson's Village Store with four cases of Keystone Light beer and turn them over to a 20-year-old female Dartmouth student. The male then proceeded to load her car with three five-liter bladders of Franzia Chardonnay, three five-liter bladders of Franzia Merlot, eight bottles of Mirassou Merlot, eight bottles of Turning Leaf Pinot Grigio and one case of Brut Andre Champagne, valued together at $365. After the student drove out of the parking lot, police arrested her for the illegal transporting of alcoholic beverages.

July 16, Choate Road, 4:18 a.m.

A Safety and Security officer spotted a 21-year-old male, whom he recognized as having an outstanding trespass letter banning his presence on College property, leaving Novack Cafe. The officer signaled that he would like to talk to the visibly intoxicated man, who responded by shoving past the officer and running in the direction of the Choates cluster. When Hanover Police responded to the officer's call for assistance, they found the officer, who had tussled with the man, holding him down on the front lawn of a residence on Clement Road. Police eventually arrested the man for criminal trespassing, simple assault for striking the Safety and Security officer, and breach of bail conditions from a previous April 29 drug possession arrest because he refused a blood alcohol test.