Police Blotter

June 28, Hanover Coop, 1:34 p.m.

Officers responded to the Hanover Co-op after employees reported observing a 61-year-old man shoplifting. Employees first saw the man attempting to conceal two packages of North Country Smokehouse bacon, valued together at $11.98, in his pants. They then observed the man trying to hide three sticks of deodorant in his pockets. He was stopped at the door and turned over to Hanover Police.

June 28, Old Tuck Drive, 11:32 p.m.

At the request of Safety and Security, police responded to the area of the president's house with reports of two males in the vicinity hiding in the bushes and yelling at passing females. When approached by officers, it was determined that the two males were intoxicated. Neither was affiliated with the College and only one was of drinking age. After the 17-year-old male was arrested for unlawful possession by intoxication, a further search showed that he was in possession of what appeared to be opium and marijuana.

June 29, Lebanon Street and Carter Street, 3:10 p.m.

Police stopped a vehicle for displaying an inspection sticker that had expired in March 2006. After the vehicle was stopped, the officer soon determined that all three of the car's passengers were illegal immigrants "of Hispanic descent." All three men were detained and, while all three claimed they could not speak or understand English, a supervisor on duty at the police station spoke Spanish, "so they couldn't get away with that." The three men were turned over to U.S. Border Patrol.

July 1, North Main Street, 1:37 a.m.

Safety and Security asked Hanover Police to respond to Robinson Hall where officers found a 23-year-old man, unaffiliated with the College, passed out on one of couches on the ground floor. Though it did not appear as though the man had broken into the building, he had urinated on himself, soaking the coach where he had lost consciousness. The man, still intoxicated, was roused, arrested and taken to the Grafton County Jail. Because he had illegally trespassed on College property several times before, the man has been banned from campus.

July 2, North Main Street, 3:48 a.m.

Safety and Security requested assistance from Hanover Police in identifying a non-student found sleeping in the radio station offices located in Robinson Hall. The man was not intoxicated and seemed to have no connection to either the radio station or the College. Police asked the man to leave Robinson Hall.