Police Blotter

May 4, South Main Street, 7:48 p.m.

During a meeting of the Hanover Planning Board, an outspoken man began making comments that interrupted the Board's deliberations. After explaining to the man that the Board does not accept comments during its deliberations, the man still continued to make comments about the Board, growing more and more belligerent. Eventually, Planning Board Chair Nancy Collier called Hanover Police to keep the peace, and officers succeeded in calming the man.

May 5, East Wheelock Street, 2:59 p.m.

Officers observed a number of students launching model rockets from the Green. Safety and Security was called to determine whether or not this is allowed within the rules of the College. It is not. The students were then asked to stop.

May 6, Tuck Drive, 2:31 a.m.

A 26-year-old Tuck Student was found passed out in her car on Tuck Drive. Upon questioning, the woman was found to be intoxicated. She was taken into protective custody and turned over to her roommate.

May 8, Rope Ferry Road, 2:04 p.m.

Police received a call from an employee at Dick's House who had received an e-mail containing child pornography. The worker had opened the e-mail while at Dick's House, believing it to be legitimate, but upon visiting the link in the e-mail realized that it was, in fact, child pornography. Police in turn notified the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

May 9, College Street, 4:51 a.m.

A 39-year-old woman from Tennessee was found sleeping in the Gilman Life Sciences building by Safety and Security officers, who subsequently called Hanover Police. The woman, who was described as "not mentally stable," claimed to be applying for positions at Dartmouth Medical School, but upon further investigation, representatives of the school had no record of her. Police had encountered the same woman under similar circumstances in March 2005 when they found her sleeping in a Dartmouth building, claiming she was interviewing for positions with the College.