Daily Debriefing

Outspoken conservative commentator Laura Ingraham '85 will host a daily radio show on Newsradio 1070 WINA called "The Laura Ingraham Show," which will air in Charlottesville, Va. from 2 to 4 p.m. Ingraham worked as a speech-writer for the Reagan administration, served as a law clerk to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and was a criminal defense attorney for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom. She has been a personality in nationally syndicated media since 2001, occasionally working as a columnist and television commentator. As an undergraduate at Dartmouth, Ingraham was editor in chief of the right-wing newspaper The Dartmouth Review, often drawing controversy for her sharp criticisms of the gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual communities on campus. Her latest book, "Shut Up and Sing: How the Elites from Hollywood, Politics, and the UN Are Subverting America" is a best-seller.

Eating Disorder Peer Advisors held a panel discussion Tuesday that featured testimonials from students who had grappled with eating disorders. Two students shared their experiences personally and members of EDPA read written testimonials from four other students. The event was the sixth in an annual series of eating disorder panels that were previously sponsored by Students Against the Abuse of Food and Exercise.

"The goal of the program is to increase awareness that eating disorders do in fact exist here." said Laura Rubinstein, the Coordinator of Health Programs and EDPA's faculty advisor. "This is an opportunity to personalize it."

According to Rubinstein, the event is intended not just to raise awareness of these problems, but also to allow students to come forward with their experiences and receive support from the community.

Jewish studies professor Susannah Heschel is currently attending the 100th annual meeting of the American Jewish Committee in Washington D. C. Yesterday at the conference, she participated in a panel discussion entitled "Forms and Fortunes of Jewish Spirituality." Other panel speakers included Dr. Steven Bayme, national director of the Contemporary Jewish Life Department, and Rabbi Dr. David Ellenson, president of the Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institution of Religion. The AJC conference runs from May 1 to 7 and attracts over 1,000 participants from across the globe. May 1 marked the centennial anniversary of the conference, which seeks to address issues of Jewish life in American culture.