Club Corner

The Dartmouth women's rugby team went into its match against Williams knowing exactly what it was playing for: EBA's buffalo chicken pizza was waiting for them in their brand new clubhouse.

The Big Green took the pitch with hunger in their eyes and swept Williams 62-0. Dominating the entire game, Dartmouth maintained strong continuity and demonstrated good decision making.

Rachel Forman '09 started off the first half with some great breakaways and good looping support. Captain Erin Garnett '06 was also in good supporting positions and scored twice. Alyssa Caballero '06, showed her fancy footwork when she danced through multiple defenders and strolled into the try zone to score Dartmouth's third of the game.

"It was nice to run circles around a team for parent's weekend," Julia Jacobsen '08 said, "Our B-side even scored against their A-side in the first minute after they were put in."

In other club sports news, Dartmouth's men's and women's ultimate frisbee teams competed in Sectionals. Although the teams did not face their toughest competition, it was a necessary step in order to qualify for Regionals.

The men's team had pressure to perform since only one team from their section would be eligible for Regionals, but Dartmouth had no trouble. The team proved stronger than all the other teams and played to a perfect 8-0 record on the weekend.

The women also had a strong showing, winning their final match 15-4 to cap a strong weekend. Both the men's and women's teams will be at Regionals held at Dartmouth in two weeks. The tournament is the team's biggest of the year. Four teams, including Dartmouth, have a legitimate chance of capturing a bid to Nationals.