Inside This Issue

Life at Dartmouth is far from stagnant.

Since matriculating last fall, I have witnessed several life-altering -- ok, fine, campus-alterning -- changes: there are a few more buildings (maybe I'll make it to the new gym? I never made it to the old one), paninis at Hp, the '09s arrived/invaded robbing me of freshman girl status and a few traditions have been severed at the seams thanks to administrative decrees.

Traditions die hard at Dartmouth.

Despite threats of discipline, time-honored traditions have not been totally drowned out of campus consciousness. This is evidenced in the fact that every year a few freshmen decide to rush the field at the homecoming game or smuggle some tennis balls in their down North Face jackets to the Princeton hockey game. At least the hockey team has a better chance of winning than the football team which, despite changes in coaching staff, still struggles to win. Not all traditions have been destroyed.

There might be something about how much we love traditions in our Alma Mater, "Lest the Old Traditions Fail" ... I'm not sure though. I guess we'll see this summer whether or not Tubestock stays afloat or finds a watery grave.