Police Blotter

Feb. 15, South Part Street, 10:15 a.m.

The Co-op Mobile Station reported to Hanover Police that two male occupants of a vehicle with Massachusetts plates were asking customers for money. The two had allegedly upset at least one customer, claiming they could only get back to Boston if they got some cash. When police arrived, they had already left the scene.

Feb. 15, Lyme Road, 11:09 a.m.

Police arrested a University of Plymouth student for trespassing in Buchanan Hall on Jan. 13 when he and another male attempted to steal a College-owned television. The 23-year-old pled guilty to trespassing on the condition that the theft charge be dropped.

Feb. 16, South Park Street. 10:10 a.m.

A 15-year-old Hanover High School student purchased a few items at the Co-op Food Store, but chose to leave a breakfast sandwich in his pocket without paying for it. The employee at the register caught him and called Hanover Police, who came and arrested the boy for shoplifting.

Feb. 17, Massachusetts Row, 2:29 p.m.

A female Dartmouth student reported that two bracelets, a handbag, a ring and some money had been stolen from her room in North Massachusetts Hall. The case is under investigation, but police have a suspect, another female Dartmouth student who is an acquaintance of the victim.

Feb. 20, Goss Road, 9:13 a.m.

Hanover Police received a complaint that some trash had been found near an old granite quarry by Moose Mountain. An officer went to the scene, sifted through the garbage and found evidence he used to trace the trash back to a caretaker of a residence in Cornish, N.H. One of the caretaker's duties was to bring the trash to the dump, but instead he had left it at the quarry. Police arrested the 26-year-old for illegal dumping.