Police Blotter

April 26, Observatory Road, 10:33 a.m.

Safety and Security alerted Hanover police that three juveniles were in possession of marijuana at the Bema. Police arrived at the big, empty meeting area and arrested the three 16-year-old high school students for substance abuse.

April 26, Lebanon Street, 5:06 p.m.

A woman complained to Hanover police that the female driver of a maroon Honda had thrown a lit cigarette out of the car's moon roof. Police took no action on the issue.

April 27, Lebanon Street, 8:29 a.m.

A police officer pulled over a maroon Mercury Tracer after he noticed that the car's right brake light was not working. While questioning the driver, 20 year-old Ty McCarthy, the officer detected the smell of alcohol and eventually decided that McCarthy was drunk. The officer arrested McCarthy, who is not affiliated with the College, for driving while intoxicated. McCarthy has a court date May 31.

April 27, Lyme Road, 9:20 a.m.

An employee of Molly's Restaurant and Bar reported to Hanover police that a 20-year-old male had attempted to purchase an alcoholic beverage with false identification while eating a meal at the restaurant. Police obtained an arrest warrant for the Dartmouth junior and arrested him soon after.

April 28, East Wheelock Street, 2:11 p.m.

The Internet Fraud Complaint Center, an FBI database, alerted Hanover police of a possible case of Internet fraud in Hanover. A 21-year-old Dartmouth student complained that she had purchased a pair of Chanel sunglasses on eBay for $90, but had received a counterfeit pair instead. Hanover police attempted to contact her, but she has not yet returned their call.

April 28, Lyme Road, 5:14 p.m.

Hanover police received a report that a man was standing on the roof of the Dartmouth Printing Company screaming and yelling obscenities at passersby. Employees of the printing company asked the man to leave the roof, but they returned inside after he threatened to kill them. Upon arriving on the scene, police scoured the roof for the man, who had returned to the ground floor of the building. The only police officer on the floor of the building at that time was Hanover police chief Nicholas Giaccone. The man struggled with the police chief, who drove him onto one of the company's printing machines before being slapped with handcuffs. Police took the individual into protective custody and sent him to the hospital for mental issues, including alcohol abuse.

May 1, Wentworth Street, 12:43 a.m.

Safety and Security asked Hanover police for assistance with an intoxicated student. Police arrived to find the 20-year-old female intoxicated and uncooperative. They arrested her for unlawful possession of alcohol and for resisting arrest. The case is still pending.