Police Blotter

Jan. 25, Lebanon Street, 12:59 p.m.

Hanover Police identified a male Hanover Middle School eighth-grade student who had flooded the school's e-mail system by sending hundreds of e-mails under false identities throughout the school's network. Hanover Police Chief Nicholas Giaccone personally made the arrest, his "only case of the year so far." The content of the e-mails remains confidential.

Jan. 25, North Main Street, 10:43 p.m.

Police responded to a complaint lodged by Safety and Security that three males in their early 20s were smoking marijuana, drinking beer and writing obscenities on a dry erase board in a conference room on the second floor of the Collis Center. On the board they had incorrectly spelled "white powrer," drawn two Nazi swastikas and written "other hate related remarks," mostly directed at African-Americans and Jews. The assailants left before the police arrived. All three were between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall, wearing dark clothing and carrying backpacks. One had a shaved head. They were last seen walking behind Thayer Dining Hall toward the cemetery.

Jan. 26, West Wheelock Street, 1:21 a.m.

Safety and Security alerted police that an intoxicated 26-year-old male was stumbling down the sidewalk. Officers brought the individual into protective custody until they turned him over to his uncle who lives in Norwich, Vt.

Jan. 28, Rivercrest Road, 11:11 p.m.

The parents of a 15-year-old girl asked the police for assistance after their daughter had run away from home. She returned home unharmed the next day.

Jan. 29, Choate Road, 12:44 a.m.

Safety and Security requested assistance when a Dartmouth freshman male escaped from Dick's House after having been picked up for intoxication earlier in the evening. Police caught up to the student in his dormitory, Bissell Hall and arrested him for unlawful possession. He has a court date on March 1.

Jan. 30, Mass Row, 1:45 a.m.

Safety and Security called Hanover Police after catching Joseph Lauinger, a 19-year-old student at Georgetown University drinking in Hitchcock Hall. He was arrested for unlawful possession and possession of false identification. Lauinger was then placed in the back of an ambulance to be transported to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. En route to the hospital, Lauinger put the ambulance attendant in a headlock and repeatedly banged his head against the sides of the ambulance. The driver pulled over, called the police and then wrestled Lauinger off of the victim. Police then arrested him for simple assault. He has a court date on March 1.