Hole-in-one helps Daher card golf team's best round of 160

A hole-in-one by sophomore Annie Daher was the highlight of a strong finish in the Huskie Classic held in Northern Illinois this past weekend. The Big Green finished fourth among 10 teams. Daher, playing against the wind on the eighth hole, used a four-iron to hit the green and have the ball roll smoothly into the hole.

Recounting the experience Daher said, "It was incredible. When I hit the shot, I thought to myself, wow, that is going to be close, and then the ball just kind of rolled up to the hole and went in. My coach was there and we were both jumping up and down and I was screaming. It was a really great, exciting moment."

She finished three shots out of the lead with a 160 total for the two-day event. Two other noteworthy performances were from freshmen. Libby Wegner '08 finished in a tie for 16th with a 172, while teammate Elizabeth Dupuy '08 finished in a tie for 20th with a 175.

Ann Kapusta '07 spoke highly of the team's spirit. "This tournament, I feel, highlighted our strengths and moderately pointed out our weaknesses once again as being a young and small team."

"Our play from an individual standpoint was not overall consistent; but as a team, we had each other's backs. Our team is really starting to mesh and the overall positive nature of the team is really beginning to show."

Their next match is at the Yale Invitational October 16-17. Daher remarked, "I am optimistic. We get a weekend off so a little more time to prepare, which is nice for a change."

"The Yale golf course is really difficult, which I think is a bit of an advantage for our team, because we tend to be straight hitters and good skill players. I think we will be very competitive at this tournament."