Police Blotter

Aug. 6, Mass Row, 9:20 p.m.

Police observed a male driving a 1996 Volvo with New Hampshire plates on West Wheelock Street without its headlights on. After tailing the car into the Mass Row parking lot, Hanover police pulled it over. As part of the routine traffic stop, police noticed two six-packs of ale in the Volvo, and consequently charged the driver, a 20-year-old Dartmouth sophomore, with unlawful possession and illegal transportation of alcohol. The illegal transport of alcohol charge may carry a penalty of a loss of license for 60 days.

Aug. 9, Webster Avenue, 11:15 p.m.

Three teenaged non-student males from Hanover attempted to enter Kappa Delta Epsilon sorority. The sorority presumably notified Safety and Security, who served the teenagers with trespass letters. The letters warn the three that if they come back onto College property, they might be arrested.

Aug. 11, Tuck Mall, 1:51 a.m.

Safety and Security requested assistance with a 17-year-old non-student male from New York who was found in Butterfield Hall with alcohol, tobacco and a false Connecticut driver's license. When police arrived on the scene, they arrested the 17-year-old who was on campus for a summer debate camp, with unlawful possession.

Aug. 13, Webster Avenue, 3:49 a.m.

Hanover Police arrested three non-students and one Dartmouth freshman outside Bones Gate fraternity with unlawful possession of alcohol. For an unclear reason, Safety and Security asked Hanover Police to come to Bones Gate, where they encountered four underage males -- three 19-year-olds and one 18-year-old -- in the parking lot between Sigma Nu fraternity and Bones Gate.

Aug. 14, West Wheelock Street, 12:38 a.m.

Safety and Security called an ambulance to Sigma Delta sorority to transport an unconscious 20-year-old female Dartmouth sophomore from Hanover to DHMC. The incoherent female had been drinking heavily and had vomited. Police accompanied the ambulance's arrival, and plan to charge her with unlawful possession.

Aug. 17, North Main Street, 2:52 a.m.

A fight occurred at Gamma Delta Chi fraternity that resulted in a broken window, causing Safety and Security to alert Hanover Police. When the police arrived, they took three intoxicated non-students into protective custody, and filed no charges. A fire alarm was also pulled at Kappa Kappa Kappa fraternity at around the same time, but the police did not determine if the two are related.

Aug. 19, Lebanon Street, 10:21 p.m.

An undercover New Hampshire liquor inspector, who was inside Panda House during the Kappa Delta Epsilon formal, called Hanover police to assist with underage drinking he witnessed at the event. Hanover Police arrived, they arrested at least two people "at the scene," two 20-year-old Dartmouth sophomores, one male and one female. The liquor inspector himself may have cited more for underage drinking, and it is up to the liquor inspector to further prosecute the matter, which may include penalties against Panda House. It appears the restaurant was either not diligently checking identification, or partygoers had false identifications. Safety and Security was called to the scene to assist with intoxicated students after they had been charged and released.

Aug. 19, South Main Street, 11:54 p.m.

Police spotted a 20-year-old female Dartmouth sophomore, who had been at the KDE formal, staggering on Main Street outside of Murphy's. The officer stopped the female, determined she was intoxicated and charged her with unlawful possession. However, because the female at first provided the police with a false name, she was also charged with giving a false report to law enforcement.