Police Blotter

July 27, Lyme Road, 10:01 p.m.

Hanover Police assisted Safety and Security with a group of five juvenile males, aged 15 and 16 years old, in the Dewey parking lot near the Medical School. When Safety and Security approached the youths to investigate several unopened cans of beer and a water bottle containing a suspicious pink liquid, one of the males attempted to run. By the time the police arrived, Safety and Security had already apprehended the runner, and all five were charged with unlawful possession of alcohol.

July 27, Mass Row, 2:59 p.m.

An office located in Thayer Dining Hall reported the theft of two brand new $255 Motorola portable radios, which were apparently stolen sometime in the last month. Hanover Police entered the information into a national crime database, but said they cannot do much active investigation beyond that.

July 29, North Main Street, 4:20 a.m.

An officer on routine patrol noticed three male non-students banging on the window of the Carson Hall section of the walkway leading to Novack, possibly threatening a female inside the building. Upon investigation, the officer discovered that while the three were in fact intoxicated, they were of age and the female was not threatened by the banging. The incident resulted in no charges.

July 29, Maple and Prospect Streets, 11:18 p.m.

Police pulled over a 1991 Ford Escort behaving erratically and crossing the center line. During the traffic stop the driver, a 22-year-old male from Bradford, Vt., refused to take a breathalyzer. The driver, though, exhibited enough external characteristics of intoxication that police had the grounds to arrest him for DWI.

July 31, South Main Street, 1:30 a.m.

An officer on routine patrol spotted three individuals involved in a domestic dispute on the Main Street sidewalk downtown. A male and a female were reportedly arguing loudly, while another male stood in between them, attempting to calm the two parties. When the officer got out of his patrol car to investigate, one of the males, a 20-year-old Dartmouth sophomore, fled up the stairs of a building on Main Street and into an apartment above Murphy's. The officer followed the suspect up the stairs and knocked on the door of the apartment into which he fled, but the male had already exited down the back fire escape. Another police unit, however, was waiting for him there. He was only charged with unlawful possession of alcohol; no charges stemmed from either the argument or the flight attempt.

July 31, West Wheelock Street, 1:34 a.m.

A 20-year-old Dartmouth male sophomore, traveling with several others on West Wheelock Street near the intersection with Main Street, spat on a police cruiser as he walked by. The officer got out of his car to speak with the individual, and determined that the individual was both intoxicated and underage. While none of the others in the group were charged, he was arrested for unlawful possession.

July 31, North Main Street, 2:14 a.m.

Hanover Police encountered a 20-year-old female sophomore stumbling alone on the sidewalk of Main and Wheelock Streets. As she appeared to have injuries to her hand and her eye that included bruising and redness, the police called an EMS unit to perform an evaluation. Nothing had to be attended to medically, and the female would not disclose how she sustained the injuries. She was intoxicated, however, and police arrested her for unlawful consumption.