Police Blotter

June 17, Webster Avenue, 10:53 a.m.

Sigma Nu fraternity filed a vandalism complaint with Hanover Police, reporting that someone entered the fraternity overnight armed with black paint and defaced the walls of the basement with various forms of graffiti. Hanover Police said they have several College-related leads, but won't confirm at this point whether another fraternity is under investigation.

June 18, Tuck Mall, 8:59 a.m.

Safety and Security spotted a very intoxicated non-student male outside Channing Cox and alerted Hanover Police. The middle-aged male, who was later identified as the son of a former Dartmouth football coach, had a blood alcohol content of over .20, and as such was taken into protective custody.

June 18, Hanover Police Department, 3:51 p.m.

Hanover Police arrested Julia Mouravieva, a 29-year-old from Rego Park, N.Y., on the charge of theft by deception. Allegedly, a female Dartmouth '07 purchased a laptop computer on eBay from Mouravieva in November of last year at a cost of almost $1,000. Mouravieva, however, did not send the computer, and is now facing a felony charge which would bring one to seven years in jail and a $2,000 fine.

June 20, Webster Avenue, 1:40 a.m.

Hanover Police received a report of an unwanted person in the vicinity of 4 Webster Avenue. A 31-year-old male Dartmouth '94, described as drunk and obnoxious, was reportedly urinating in front of other people. When Hanover Police arrested the individual, a member of Beta Theta Pi fraternity, he refused to be handcuffed and took a swing at an officer, and thus had to be pepper-sprayed. He was charged with resisting arrest and indecent exposure, both misdemeanors.

June 23, Sargent Street, 12:28 a.m.

A female resident of Sargent Street placed a 9-1-1 call, reporting that an unknown male was yelling in her backyard. She tried to explain to the highly intoxicated 20-year-old Dartmouth '06 that he did not live there, but he attempted to enter the house, yelling "something about him being in there." Hanover Police arrested him for unlawful possession by consumption and trespassing.

June 23, Elm Road, 2:51 p.m.

Police received a call from a residence in Hanover Center, complaining of an unidentified woman attempting to enter a garage. It was later found that she also tried to enter another house in the area under similar circumstances. Police later located the woman, age 43, who was driving with a suspended license. She told police she was looking for cleaning jobs, but law enforcement authorities said they were suspicious of this claim and are considering arresting her.

June 24, School Street, 12:40 a.m.

A police officer on routine patrol noticed one 30-pack of Keystone Light and two five-gallon jugs of water outside a Toyota 4-Runner parked on West Wheelock Street. The officer waited to see who would claim the items. When three males loaded the items into the car and drove away, the officer pulled over the vehicle because the registered owner was only 20-years-old. The officer pulled over the driver, a Dartmouth '06, and arrested him for transporting alcohol as a minor.

June 26, East Wheelock Street, 2:13 a.m.

A police officer on routine patrol spotted a 25-year-old male driving late at night through Hanover. While Hanover police observed him, the male -- who is a bartender at the Canoe Club -- allegedly stole two bikes from A Lot. Police arrested him and charged him with theft.