Police Blotter

April 29, Mass Row, 2:21 a.m.

Hanover Police accompanied an ambulance run to Mid-Mass dormitory, where a 21-year-old male College student had vomited, defecated on himself and passed out on the floor of his bathroom. The ambulance evaluated the individual and placed him in the care of Safety and Security, who transported him to Dick's House.

April 30, Lebanon Street, 10:29 a.m.

Hanover Police executed a search warrant at 52 1/2 Lebanon Street in connection with a College-related drug investigation. As the investigation is still under way, police declined further comment.

UPDATE: The case will be sent to the grand jury on June 18, when the jury will decide what charges to bring against the suspect(s). Hanover Police won't comment on the case until the grand jury reaches its decision.

May 2, West Wheelock Street, 1:04 a.m.

A 55-year-old male who appeared to be intoxicated was having trouble walking up a hill on West Wheelock Street, prompting Hanover Police to investigate. The individual claimed to be a visiting philosophy professor, although police could not confirm this assertion. He was placed into protective custody and turned over to Safety and Security.

May 9, West Wheelock Street, 2:12 a.m.

Hanover Police noticed a suspicious male weaving down the sidewalk of West Wheelock Street near School Street, carrying a bamboo lawn candle. When the individual, a 19-year-old freshman, saw the police, he attempted to hide the candle behind his back. The male, who had spent time at Panarchy that night, appeared to be under the influence. The officer thought he smelled vomit, a charge the student denied. The officer then asked what the student had in his pockets, which were bulging noticeably. The student replied that his wallet was in his left pocket and his underwear was in his right pocket. When asked why he was carrying his underwear, the student replied that he had had diarrhea all day. The officer then inquired if the freshman had defecated in his pants, to which the student replied in the negative, claiming it was just "a bad fart." He was arrested for illegal possession of alcohol by consumption, and given either a day in court or the option of an alcohol diversion class.

May 18, West Wheelock Street, 1:42 a.m.

Police responded to a 911 call from Psi Upsilon fraternity, where a 29-year-old male alumnus apparently bit a 21-year-old member of the house in the chin during an altercation. The suspect was apparently involved in several incidents over the course of the night at the fraternity and was repeatedly asked to leave. The biting incident occurred during the process of throwing the suspect out of the house. The victim was not hospitalized, and the incident is still under investigation.

May 22, Cemetery Lane, 6:03 p.m.

Two moose were spotted on the road near Lord Hall. The police report indicates that the officers left the animals on the road.

May 25, Tuck Mall, 12:42 a.m.

Safety and Security encountered two male acquaintances involved in a fight near Silsby Hall, and called Hanover Police. After an investigation, the police decided to only charge one of the students, Kevin Arnold '05, with simple assault, a misdemeanor. Police could not go into detail about how the fight started, but apparently the two got into a disagreement that escalated into physical violence. The victim was not injured, and Arnold will appear in court July 6.