'Phantom' star to visit Dartmouth

This Saturday, May 8, Broadway star of "Phantom of the Opera," Ted Keegan will join conductor Max C. Culpepper and the members of the Dartmouth Wind Symphony in their spring concert "Music of the Seasons: Voices of Spring" at 8 p.m. in Spaulding Auditorium.

Additionally, Keegan will be talking in person about the "Broadway Scene," with Dartmouth students and other attendees prior to his appearance with the symphony. His discussion of the acting and theater scene will take place on Friday, May 7, from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Faulkner Recital Hall at the Hopkins Center.

Keegan has had many theatrical acting opportunities that have won him both praise and acknowledgement around the country. Most recently, he starred in the national tour of "Phantom of the Opera." In connection with his role as the Phantom, he has also performed on television, at Rockefeller Center for NBC's Today Show, and in front of a stadium-sized crowd at Madison Square Garden when he sung during half-time at the NBA All-Star Game.

Keegan was also involved in the George Gershwin Centennial Celebration, during which he sung at the opening of the George and Ira Gershwin Room at the National Archives in Washington, D.C. He had previously performed pieces by Gershwin with Audra McDonald in New York and with Marin Mazzie at the opening of the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival.

In fact, Keegan has performed all around the country, but has made a splash on Broadway, which will be the subject of his discussion on Friday. Keegan made his Broadway debut in the revival of the show "Sweeney Todd" in which he played the role of Anthony.

In addition, Keegan is also planning to release his first CD recording, appropriately titled "Ted Keegan Sings."

Both his discussion and his performance with the Dartmouth Wind Symphony are highly anticipated events for this weekend because of Keegan's talent and breadth of work.