Burglary strikes Review offices

The offices of The Dartmouth Review -- located in rented space at the Zeta Psi fraternity on Webster Ave. -- were broken into late Monday night, with an intruder or intruders scattering or disposing of hundreds of recent issues of the publication.

Hanover Police Chief Nick Giaccone said that members of The Review reported the burglary to the Hanover Police department by early Tuesday afternoon, and that soon after, the department dispatched an officer to the crime scene.

Giaccone said that the Review office was entered on Monday night through a window.

During the burglary, bundles of Review papers were tossed around the office; some were thrown out the window and a few were found tossed in a dumpster near the facility, Giaccone said.

Review editor-in-chief Alston Ramsay '04 said that approximately 17 bundles of 100 newspapers each were scattered in total.

Giaccone also said that there was a concerted effort to destroy the Review's archives. He explained that archive cabinets were penetrated and that some were knocked down.

Ramsay said that it "it looked like someone spooked the burglars because they didn't finish the job." According to Ramsay, the Review's