Boxing exhibition to take place Saturday

The Dartmouth Boxing club will be holding an exhibition show of all of its boxers starting at 8:30 p.m. this Saturday night in the West Gym.The team is currently preparing for two U.S. Amateur Open fights on May 10 and May 24 in Rutland, Vermont, and this competition is one of its final chances to get ready for that prestigious event.

There will be over 10 matches featuring top Dartmouth fighters squaring off against boxers from other clubs, including former and current Golden Gloves and New England Champs. Additionally, some of the newer members of club will engage in sparring matches.

The boxing action will be the first demonstration of the sweet science at Dartmouth in over 50 years.

Elvis Lowe, the head coach of the Dartmouth Boxing club and former Barbados boxing champion, will provide a demonstration following the bouts.

"We have all been training really hard over the past few years and this is the first match we are having at home," boxing club president Tony Balsamo said.

"We are looking forward to an exciting night and lots of student support so this way we can make it happen next year and the year after that and establish Dartmouth boxing. Rock and roll."