Season Looks Good for Squash

This weekend, both the men's and women's squash teams begin regular-season play. They will travel to play against the same teams, Navy today and Franklin and Marshall tomorrow. The men, however, will also be squaring off against Denison tomorrow.

The men's team is headed by co-captains Bill Reisner '02 and Scott Judah '02. They are two of seven seniors who will bring a lot of experience to the team and play a crucial role in bringing along the team's four freshmen newcomers.

Judah is very optimistic about his team's prospects over the weekend.

"We're coming off an historic win over Yale last weekend at the Ivy Scrimmages," he said. "The team is really looking forward to the chance to build on that momentum in this, our first weekend of official matches of the season."

The win over Yale, Dartmouth's first victory over the Bulldogs in decades, is just one indication of how much better this year's team can be.

"We're a much improved team over last year," Judah added. "Every player from last year's squad returned, and we've picked up two tough freshmen who have pushed us into the collegiate squash elite."

The women's team will be led by captain Sarah West '02. She is the only senior on the squad, and has been Dartmouth's top player since her sophomore year.